You are warmly invited to participate in the first-ever Model UN Symposium in the UK to be held on Saturday 19 November 2011 at King’s College, Waterloo Campus, London – a must-attend event for anyone involved or interested in Model UN.
Model UN is an inspiring tool for developing knowledge of global affairs, promoting tolerance and understanding, and building key skills such as public speaking, negotiation and research. The UN Association of the UK (UNA-UK) is aware that many Model UN events, large and small, take place across the UK each year and is keen to build a nationwide network of Model UN excellence.
This one-day symposium is aimed at teachers, practitioners and enthusiasts who want to develop their Model UN expertise by sharing experiences and tips with their peers. The aim of the conference is to empower you to deliver successful and wide-reaching events. We hope to energize and inspire you to spread the multiple benefits of Model UN, knowing that you have the support of a national network behind you.
What to expect on the day
- You will learn about different types of Model UN events and what the ingredients are for holding a successful event.
- Expert practitioners will share their years of experience to help you avoid some of the mistakes that they have made.
- You will have the chance to meet and network with practitioners from schools, universities and Model UN societies.
- You will be given the opportunity to discuss potential funding sources for your event.
- You will learn how best to market and promote your events to a wide range of potential speakers and participants.
- You will be invited to share your own knowledge and ideas to benefit the wider Model UN community.
Whether you are a seasoned Model UN facilitator or considering organising an event for the first time, you cannot afford to miss this symposium.
How do I register?
To find out more and to register, please visit www.una.org.uk/munsymposium
We are offering discounted tickets for our members (i.e. those who pay us an annual membership fee). The symposium costs £25 for UNA Youth members, £40 for other UNA-UK members and £75 for non-members.
Places are limited so please book early to avoid disappointment.
We look forward to welcoming you at this event.
The UNA-UK team